Participants of this course have received training in the application and use of Narcan Sprays commonly referred to as Naloxone Sprays. As part of the training the participants of this course received include the following elements:
- Understanding the problem of Opioid Overdoses in Ontario
- An understanding of what are “opioids” and how it effects the body
- An understanding of what is Narcan and how is it administered.
- How to recognize an opioid overdose
- How to respond to a possible opioid overdose, including calling emergency services and administering basic first aid if required.
- When should Naloxone sprays be administered
- How to administer Naloxone sprays
- Precautions that need to be taken when administering Naloxone
- What to do after Naloxone has been given to a person
- Where to get additional information about Opioid usage and Addictions.
This course is offered free to business in Ontario. Industrial Safety Trainers offers this no-cost training element as part of the following safety training programs:
- Health Safety & The Law (for H&S reps, and front line supervisors)
- Reasonable Suspicion Training
- As part of a companies Health & Safety Day training programs (to be arranged on a one by one basis)
Click here to download a free Opioid Risk Assessment to help you determine if your business would be required to provide Naloxone Kits
For more information on Naloxone Kits, click here. https://www.ontario.ca/page/naloxone-workplace
Who Should Attend?
Anybody that could potentially encounter the need to use a Naloxone kit.
* price does not include HST
* travel costs may apply for some regions in Ontario
- Certificate of Accomplishment
- Auditable Record of Training
- Forms and Templates
- Free Naloxone Kit – 1 per company
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”