Participants of this course will learn how to recognize impaired workers with confidence and will be able to identify key indicators regarding drug, alcohol, or fatigue impairment.
Supervisors and Managers are responsible for the safety of their workers. Thinking that a worker may be impaired is not grounds for accusing them of being impaired at work. By taking this course, you will learn what are the key indicators that show impairment and learn how to conduct an impairment investigation.
Learn what Police Officers are looking for when assessing impairment.
This program covers the following elements:
- Understanding the Occupational Health & Safety Act and how it applies to drugs and alcohol
- About the Federal Cannabis Act
- Requirements for a policy and procedure that address impairment at work
- Recognizing drugs
- How to recognize the different kinds of impairment
- How to investigate impairment
As a bonus, participants will receive a sample Drug & Alcohol Policy and Procedure and an Impairment Investigation Report.
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE “OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS”
- Under Section 25 (2)(c) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, it states that “An employer shall ensure that when appointing a supervisor, appoint a competent person
- Section 25(2)(a) says that employers are required to “provide instruction and supervision to a worker to protect the health or safety of the worker”
- Section 25 (2)(h) states that an employer “take every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of workers
Who Should Attend?
Any employer, supervisor, Safety Respresentative/ JHSC member or any person in authority that should learn how to assess if workers are impaired.
The Safety Bus
* price does not include HST
* travel costs may apply for some regions in Ontario
- Certificate of Accomplishment
- Auditable Record of Training
- Forms and Templates
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”