LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE “OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS”
- Introduction to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- A Review of the Internal Responsibility System Including the Roles and Responsibilities of Employers, Supervisors, and Workers: OHSA Sections 25—28
- Responsibilities of Health and Safety Representatives: OHSA Section 8
- Powers of Ministry of Labour Inspectors: OHSA Section 54
- Issuing of Orders: OHSA Section 55
- Notices of Compliance: OHSA Section 59
- Offences and Penalties: OHSA Section 66
Participants will receive training in the following elements:
- Understanding the Occupational Health & Safety Act and why Health & Safety is so important
- Roles & Responsibilities and the Internal Responsibility System
- Responsibilities of a Supervisor as well as that of a Health and Safety Representative
- Recognition, Assessment, Controls, and Evaluation
- Identifying Hazards in the workplace
- Workplace Inspection Basics
- Accident / Incident Investigation Essentials
Distance Learning Duration
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors, Managers, Any person who is in authority of another person. Safety Representatives / JHSC Members
The Safety Bus
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”