This is a refresher program where we review the key elements of our standard forklift certification training.
This Forklift Safety Training Refresher is not recommended for new forklift operators or those who have not taken a CSA compliant Forklift Safety Training program in the past 5 years.
This program reviews the following elements:
- The legal requirements
- Causes of forklift related accidents
- Hazards associated with the operation of a forklift, equipment, environment, and materials you handle
- How to ensure the safety of other workers in the area
- How to Inspect your lift truck
- Lift truck stability triangle and trapezoid, centre of gravity load, capacity of your lift truck or forklift
- The effects of speed, acceleration, sharp cornering, etc.
- Main components of the lift truck with emphasis on the lifting/handling systems and their basic functions
- The hazards associated with the workplace in which he/she will be working. Creation of Safety Rules to follow
- Fueling of a lift truck including Propane, Diesel and Batteries
- How operators can make a difference
- Course includes one documented Driving Evaluation of the operators driving skill
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE “OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS”
As laid out in Occupational Health and Safety Act, S 25(2)(A),(D) and (H) Regulation 851 has been amended to include the requirement for training and certification of powered lift truck operators. Employers are now required to ensure that workers have received instruction, training and testing in the operation of powered lift trucks and forklifts. Workers must be familiar with the operating procedures of the truck or forklift that they will be operating and able to demonstrate competency in accordance with the Ministry of Labour’s “Guideline for The Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift Trucks.”
- It is essential that the participants are evaluated on the forklift equipment they would be expected to be used in the environment they will be working in. This is not a driving test where people will pass or fail but more of an evaluation of the operator’s skillset at the time of the evaluation.
- Some businesses may have different types of forklift equipment and require operator evaluations on each piece of equipment. As part of our standard forklift safety training, it includes an operator evaluation of one piece of equipment. Additional charges may apply if more than one piece of equipment is evaluated.
- In the case of participant(s) are attending one of our public training sessions, arrangements will be made that would see the trainer attending your workplace to perform the operator evaluation on a separate date. Again, this is included in the price of the course.
- If person(s) are attending one of our public training sessions and are not currently employed by a business, we do not have lift trucks on-site to practice on or to conduct an operator evaluation. However, we will provide you with a certificate indicating that if you get a job at a business, that we will send a trainer to that business and conduct an operator evaluation on your skillset and provide your employer with a record of training and documentation supporting the training that you have received. Again, this is no cost to your new employer.
4 Hours Theory + Practical Evaluation Time. Private Session: evaluations following theory on-site at your facility. Public or Distance Learning Session: scheduled on-site at your facility on a separate date
Who Should Attend?
Refresher training program for all those who are authorized to operate forklifts. And for those who supervise workers who operate lift trucks
The Safety Bus
* price does not include HST
* travel costs may apply
*additional $25 for second driving evaluation
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”