This program meets the highest recognized safety standard for forklift safety certification, CSA Standard B355/15. Our goal for this course is to have forklift operators be able to demonstrate their skills on the equipment they will be using and in the environment they will be working in.
Forklift operators are required to be deemed competent to operate lifting devices. To meet the definition of competency, operators need to have training, knowledge and experience. This program fulfills the knowledge and training portions of the requirements while the experience part is the responsibility of the employer to determine. As part of our training program, we provide a documented report of the operators’ performance on a lift truck in the evaluation phase. If the operator requires practice on the equipment to gain more experience, it will be indicated on the evaluation report provided to the employer along with any additional recommendations.
This program covers the following elements:
- The legal requirements
- Causes of forklift related accidents
- Hazards associated with the operation of a forklift, equipment, environment, and materials you handle
- How to ensure the safety of other workers in the area
- How to Inspect your lift truck
- Lift truck stability triangle and trapezoid, centre of gravity load, capacity of your lift truck or forklift
- The effects of speed, acceleration, sharp cornering, etc.
- Main components of the lift truck with emphasis on the lifting/handling systems and their basic functions
- The hazards associated with the workplace in which he/she will be working. Creation of Safety Rules to follow
- Fueling of a lift truck including Propane, Diesel and Batteries (If your forklifts use propane, your operators are required to undergo training in the safe use and handling of propane cylinders and Propane Cylinder Exchange under TSSA standards)
- How operators can make a difference
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE “OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS”
As laid out in Occupational Health and Safety Act, S 25(2)(A),(D) and (H) Regulation 851 has been amended to include the requirement for training and certification of powered lift truck operators. Employers are now required to ensure that workers have received instruction, training and testing in the operation of powered lift trucks and forklifts. Workers must be familiar with the operating procedures of the truck or forklift that they will be operating and able to demonstrate competency in accordance with the Ministry of Labour’s “Guideline for The Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift Trucks.”
Who Should Attend?
Mandatory training program for all those who are authorized to operate forklifts classes I, II, IV, V. And for those who supervise workers who operate lift trucks
The Safety Bus
* price does not include HST
* travel costs may apply
*additional $25 for second driving evaluation
- Wall Certificate
- Forklift Wallet Certificate
- Records of Training
- Attendance Record
- Completed Practical Evaluations
Do you also need..
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference; we provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our trainers are intelligent, knowledgeable and experienced in the subjects they teach but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training.
We operate offices out of Barrie, Ottawa and Iqaluit, Nunavut. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference center and boardroom located at our head office in Barrie and other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”