LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS
– OHSA – 25(2)(A), (D) and (H), Section 27 & 28
– OHSA – Regulation 851 – Section 85
Participants will receive training in the following elements:
- Duties and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and those of workers
- Three Basic Rights of Workers
- Regulation 851- sections that discuss the protection of workers who are working at heights
- What is Fall Prevention
- What is Fall Arrest
- How to use ladders safely
- Scaffold systems
- Elevated work platforms- tie offs and safe usage.
- Lifting Cages – the do’s and don’ts
- Protective covers
- Guardrail systems
- Travel Restraint systems
- Fall Arrest Systems including Life Lines
- Safe anchor systems
- Shock absorbers- do you have the right one?
- Fall Arrest Planning
- Emergency Rescue- Are you prepared?
Who Should Attend?
This is a required training program for those working at heights, at a risk of a fall into equipment or liquids or a fall of 3 metres or more
The Safety Bus
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference; we provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our trainers are intelligent, knowledgeable and experienced in the subjects they teach but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training.
We operate offices out of Barrie, Ottawa and Iqaluit, Nunavut. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference center and boardroom located at our head office in Barrie and other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”