This is a refresher program where we review the key elements of our standard forklift certification training.
This Forklift Safety Training Refresher is not recommended for new forklift operators or those who have not taken a CSA compliant Forklift Safety Training program in the past 5 years.
This program reviews the following elements:
- The legal requirements
- Causes of forklift related accidents
- Hazards associated with the operation of a forklift, equipment, environment, and materials you handle
- How to ensure the safety of other workers in the area
- How to Inspect your lift truck
- Lift truck stability triangle and trapezoid, centre of gravity load, capacity of your lift truck or forklift
- The effects of speed, acceleration, sharp cornering, etc.
- Main components of the lift truck with emphasis on the lifting/handling systems and their basic functions
- The hazards associated with the workplace in which he/she will be working. Creation of Safety Rules to follow
- Fueling of a lift truck including Propane, Diesel and Batteries
- How operators can make a difference
- Course includes one documented Driving Evaluation of the operators driving skill
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE “OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS”
As laid out in Occupational Health and Safety Act, S 25(2)(A),(D) and (H) Regulation 851 has been amended to include the requirement for training and certification of powered lift truck operators. Employers are now required to ensure that workers have received instruction, training and testing in the operation of powered lift trucks and forklifts. Workers must be familiar with the operating procedures of the truck or forklift that they will be operating and able to demonstrate competency in accordance with the Ministry of Labour’s “Guideline for The Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift Trucks.”