Regulation 213 Construction Part III Excavations s.222 to s.242
Under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, employers are required to ensure that workers have been trained and are aware of any hazard in the workplace. Because working in trenches is so dangerous, it becomes an employer’s responsibility to ensure that those that work in or around trenches have the training, knowledge, and experience to work in these areas.
This course will cover the essential elements that those working in or near trenches will need to know. As a discussion-based training course, we will discuss what the regulations for construction projects requires for compliance as well as:
- Understanding the different kinds of soil
- Options to consider when work needs to be done in a trench
- Access and egress from a trench
- The need for risk assessments
- Understanding what causes cave-ins and what precautions need to be considered.
- Underground utilities and other hazards for consideration
- The need for emergency procedures.
If the employer has specific procedures or checklists that they use and would like us to review with participants as part of the delivery, we can do that.
If the training is near where work is being done, the trainer may go out onto the site to discuss the elements learned in the course as a practical exercise in risk assessments with regards to trenching and excavation.
When the course is completed, the trained participant will receive the following:
- A trackable Record Of Training that clearly defines what was taught & when, who attended and the name of the trainer
- Copy of the record of attendance
- Info sheet that describes what elements were part of the training delivery
- Electronic copy of certificates that can be emailed to participants as an electronic record of training
- Each participant will receive a long life plastic “Record of Training Wallet Card” that shows all the details of the course event.
Distance Learning Duration
Who Should Attend?
Any supervisor, manager or worker who may work on or near areas that may have trenches or excavations taking place.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”