LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE “OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS”
- Regulations require that Persons who develop traffic control plans be competent persons.
- Construction Regulation 213/91 under the OHSA makes it mandatory that workers be protected from traffic hazards.
- Occupational Health and Safety Act—Section 25
- Ontario Regulation 213 for Construction Projects— Section 67-69.1
- Ontario Traffic Manual Book 7
- Regulation Review and Compliance Guidelines
- Traffic Control on Public Ways
- How to read and understand Book 7
- How to Develop a Traffic Control Plan
- How to use the Field Edition of Book 7
- Jobsite planning
- Roadwork Planning using Temporary Conditions Book 7
- Practical exercise to develop a Traffic Control Plan
Distance Learning Duration
Who Should Attend?
Utilities, companies, contractors, and others who may have approval to work on public roads.
The Safety Bus
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”