LEGAL REQUIREMENTS: Under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, it states that employers are required to employ only “COMPETENT PERSONS AS SUPERVISORS”
NEW SAFETY LEGISLATION WILL INCLUDE MANDATORY TRAINING FOR SUPERVISOR AND BUSINESS OWNERS.
We will discuss what the Safety Act defines as:
- How to read the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and the regulations for Construction Projects
- Definition of Competent Person: Section 1(1)
- General Duties of Employers, Supervisors & Employees: Section 25, 26, 27 & 28
- Duties and responsibilities of Constructors, Employers, Supervisors, and Workers.
- Understand offences and penalties for non-compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations.
- Review of Construction Regulations that affect the job site for high risk activities including: Filing Notices, Posted Materials, Workplace Violence and Harassment , Safe trenching and Excavation, Operating Moving Equipment in Reverse on Job Sites, Using Backhoes & other requirements.
Other discussions will include:
- Performing Risk Assessments and Job Planning
- Work Stoppage and Work Refusal Process and the role of the Supervisor
- Accident Reporting and Investigation Requirements
- Workplace Inspection Requirements
Distance Learning Duration
Who Should Attend?
The Safety Bus
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”