This is a discussion based training program that will see your trainer talking to participants about the hazards associated with the operation of overhead cranes. During the theory portion of the training, we will discuss:
- The legal requirements and procedures for safe use of cranes, hoist and proper rigging methods.
- How to identify basic hazards and controls critical to safety.
- Plan for your load and slinging in a safe manner, and check the setup to ensure safety.
- Plan for raising, moving and lowering loads safely, and to check for your typical lifting problems.
Our Goals are to ensure that crane operators:
- Understand their legal responsibilities for operating cranes and hoists.
- Understand their legal responsibilities for slinging/rigging loads safely.
- Understand the best practices and procedures from experienced, competent persons.
- Gain practical knowledge to help avoid potential safety problems.
- Gain knowledge of legal liabilities for contravening regulations
This program covers the following elements:
- The legal requirements and regulations
- Hazard identification
- Operational and safety inspections
- Cranes, Hoists, Slings
- Rigging and hoist hardware
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AS REQUIRED BY THE “OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ACT AND REGULATIONS”
- OHSA Section 25(2)(a)(d)(h)
- Ontario Regulation 851 Section 51(1)(2),54-59
- Ontario Regulation 213 Section 150-156
- CSA B167-16
Distance Learning Duration
Who Should Attend?
This is a MANDATORY Training program for anyone who is authorized to operate Cranes, Hoists and/or Rigging equipment.
The Safety Bus
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”