Propane in Construction CH-02 Course Summary
This course is offered
Industrial Safety Trainers Inc. are approved and Audited TSSA Training Providers of Propane Construction.
Legal Requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulation 213, Sections 42 (storage cylinders), 20-25 (Personal Protective Equipment)
- The Canada Labour Code, Part X11, Sections 12.1-12.9
- National Standard of Canada Propane Installation, Code B149.2-M95
- Storage of Cylinders for Commercial Use
- TSSA Regulation 215/01
Course Content / Elements Covered:
- Upon completion, participants will be able to recognize and evaluate the hazards associated with propane. They will also be able to safely connect, disconnect and activate propane equipment up to 400,000 btu/h. The program includes hands-on training outdoors, consisting of connecting, lighting and disconnecting a torch or heater, and classroom performance reviews.
Participants must wear CSA-certified safety boots, eye protection*, long sleeves, and be dressed for outdoor activity.
* eye protection and Neoprene gloves will be supplied for hook-up and disconnect.
Course Length: 4 Hours (plus practical evaluations)
Who Should Attend: Persons who will be working with Propane in a construction environment.
Location: At Your Location, On our Mobile Safety Bus
- Wallet Card
- Records of Training
* minimum 5 participants
* does not include HST
- Forklifts Safety Training
- Elevated Work Platforms Safety Certification
- Confined Space Safety
- Working At Heights / Fall Protection
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Certification
- Joint Health & Safety Committee Certification Part 2
- JHSC Certification Part 2
- JHSC Certification - Part 2 - Office
- JHSC Certification - Part 2 - Manufacturing Workplaces
- JHSC Certification - Part 2 - Health Care Facilities
- JHSC Certification - Part 2 - Food Services
- JHSC Certification - Part 2 - Construction Workplaces
- JHSC Certification - Part 2 - Child Care
- Construction Safety Training
- First Aid
- Hearing Conservation
- Manufacturing Safety Training
- Spill Response
- Supervisor Due Diligence Training
- Train the Trainer Programs
- Our Train The Trainer Programs
- Train The Trainer - Working at Heights
- Train The Trainer WHMIS - GHS Training
- Train The Trainer - Propane Cylinder Exchange Program
- Train The Trainer - Fit Testing Program
- Train The Trainer - Crane & Rigging Safety Training Program
- Train The Trainer - Lock Out / Tag Out Training Program
- Train The Trainer - Forklift & Narrow Aisle Training Program
- Train The Trainer - Elevated Work Platform Safety Training Program
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Fit Testing
- Transportation Safety
- Lock Out/Tag Out
- WHMIS - GHS
- Propane Safety
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference; we provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our trainers are intelligent, knowledgeable and experienced in the subjects they teach but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training.
We operate offices out of Barrie, Ottawa and Iqaluit, Nunavut. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference center and boardroom located at our head office in Barrie and other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”