Industrial Safety Trainers Inc. are approved and Audited TSSA Training Providers of Propane Construction.
Legal Requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulation 213, Sections 42 (storage cylinders), 20-25 (Personal Protective Equipment)
- The Canada Labour Code, Part X11, Sections 12.1-12.9
- National Standard of Canada Propane Installation, Code B149.2-M95
- Storage of Cylinders for Commercial Use
- TSSA Regulation 215/01
Course Content / Elements Covered:
- Upon completion, participants will be able to recognize and evaluate the hazards associated with propane. They will also be able to safely connect, disconnect and activate propane equipment up to 400,000 btu/h. The program includes hands-on training outdoors, consisting of connecting, lighting and disconnecting a torch or heater, and classroom performance reviews.
Participants must wear CSA-certified safety boots, eye protection*, long sleeves, and be dressed for outdoor activity.
* eye protection and Neoprene gloves will be supplied for hook-up and disconnect.
Who Should Attend?
Persons who will be working with Propane in a construction environment.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”