The Ministry of Labour has established a new training standard that is now in effect as of March 1st, 2016. If your business has over 20 employees and a current need to get staff certified, you are required to complete this training.
JHSC Members who have completed Part 1 and 2 training are required to take Refresher training every 3 years in order to maintain their certification.
1 day (8 hours)
Review Key concepts from Part 1 & Part 2 training
- Review the roles, duties, and responsibilities of workplace parties
- Review the rights, duties, and functions of the JHSC
- Review concepts of the hazard recognition, assessment, and control, and evaluation of the hazard controls and a Hazard Management Tool
Describe changes or updates to relevant legislation, standards, codes of practice and occupational health and safety best practices
- Describe new advances in occupational health and safety best practices, if any, in the last three years.
- Describe hazards that have emerged in the committee member’s workplace in the last three years.
Provide opportunity for learners to share JHSC best practices and to discuss JHSC challenges and potential resolutions
- Share challenges based on the committee member’s experience as a JHSC member
- Share best practice based on the committee member’s experience as a JHSC member
- Brainstorm approaches to resolve challenges
DEVELOPMENT OF EFFECTIVE “JOINT HEALTH AND SAFETY COMMITTEES” (JHSC)
Effective Joint Health and Safety Committees are essential for the provision of a healthy and safe workplace. A committee works most effectively when its role is clearly defined and accepted. Committee members, their employer, other managers and workers must, first of all, understand why the Joint Health and Safety Committee is important. Training of your members is critical to establishing an effective committee.
Who Should Attend?
JHSC Members and Health and Safety Reps. Employers, Managers, Supervisors
The Safety Bus
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference; we provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our trainers are intelligent, knowledgeable and experienced in the subjects they teach but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training.
We operate offices out of Barrie, Ottawa and Iqaluit, Nunavut. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference center and boardroom located at our head office in Barrie and other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”