Legal Requirements as Required By the OHSA and Regulations:
- Under Section 25 (2)(c) of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, it states that “An employer shall ensure that when appointing a supervisor, appoint a competent person” Section 25(2)(a) says that employers are required to “provide instruction and supervision to a worker to protect the health or safety of the worker”.
- Section 51 and 52 of OHSA, discusses what employers are required to do in the event of serious accidents at the workplace.
- WSIB WorkWell audit section 2.1(c) and 6.1(h) both require the employer to demonstrate that they have provided training to supervisors.
Course Content / Elements Covered:
- This program goes through the six steps in an effective Accident Investigation to determine the Root Causes of the accident.
- Participants will investigate a mock accident
- A review of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and what it says is required for notification.
This course is also offered online for $24.95. Click here for details regarding e-Learning modules and account registration. See `Workplace Accident Investigations`in the Course Library.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors, Managers, Safety Representatives / JHSC Members
* price does not include HST
* travel costs may apply
- Wall Certificate
- Forms and Templates
- Records of Training
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”