Legal Requirements as Required By the OHSA and Regulations
Participants will receive training in Legislation as required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its Regulations.
– Regulation 632/05
– Regulation 213/91 – Section 221
– Regulation 851 – Section 119
– ACT – Section 25(2)(A),(D), and (H)
The purpose of confined space training is to assist your company with preventing accidents, illnesses and losses associated with confined space entry, work and exit/aggress or rescue.
This training will provide you with information necessary to:
- Recognize confined spaces and related hazards.
- Recognize controls.
- Identify elements of an effective confined space program.
- Evaluate and improve your basic confined space program (if there is already one in place).
- Compare/check your program against a standard, identify deficiencies and identify actions to be taken to achieve standard.
- Identify best practices for ventilation, PPE, lockout, rescue, confined space permits, and air testing/monitoring.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who enters confined space, Managers, Supervisors, Stand by persons, Emergency Rescue Personnel, Safety Reps. This is a MANDATORY training program for anyone who may enter a confined space, or anyone involved in a confined space entry
The Safety Bus
Do you also need..
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference; we provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our trainers are intelligent, knowledgeable and experienced in the subjects they teach but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training.
We operate offices out of Barrie, Ottawa and Iqaluit, Nunavut. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference center and boardroom located at our head office in Barrie and other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”