Participants of this Program will be trained in the following Regulations as required by the Occupation Health and Safety Act:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Industrial Establishments (Regulation 851)
- Construction Projects (Regulation 213)
Participants of Industrial Safety Trainers Inc.’s Chainsaw Awareness Training Program will receive training in the following elements:
- Legal Responsabilities
- Qualifications to be a Chainsaw Operator
- Pre-use Inspection
- Equipment and Workplace Hazards
- Necessary Personal Protective Equipment
- Chainsaw Parts and Features
- Basic Cutting Techniques (No Live Cutting)
PPE that is Mandatory to complete practical element:
- CSA approved safety glasses
- CSA approved hard hat (no bump caps)
- Chaps or chainsaw pants in good condition
- CSA approved hearing protection
- CSA approved steel-toed shows (no composite)
Who Should Attend?
Those who are operating a chainsaw or who are supervising chainsaw operators
* price does not include HST
* travel costs may apply
- Wallet Cards
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”