Under the Occupational Health & Safety Act, employers are required to ensure that workers have been trained and are aware of any hazard in the workplace. Because working where there is a possibility of asbestos being in the workplace and that exposure to asbestos could be lethal to a person, it becomes an employer’s responsibility to ensure that those that may work in the area where asbestos can be found have the training, knowledge, and experience to work in these areas.
As a discussion-based training, we will discuss:
- What is Asbestos and how can it harm a person
- How to identify what materials may contain asbestos
- A review of definitions that you will need to know about asbestos
- What is an Asbestos Control Program, and why it is so important to have and apply to the workplace.
- Understanding the difference between Type 1, 2 and 3 Asbestos abatement operations.
- A review of additional measures and procedures that need to be considered
- To enhance the learning experience training videos are watched and reviewed with participants.
If the employer has specific policies and procedures that they would like the trainer to review with the participants, we can do that.
- Due Diligence Requirements as defined under OHSA, section 25 for employers and section 26 for supervisors,
- Ontario Regulation 278/05
Distance Learning Duration
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors, managers and health & safety reps that may be responsible for the safety of workers who may work near or with asbestos and any person who may be working in a workplace that may or does contain asbestos that may be disturbed or removed.
* price does not include HST
* travel costs may apply
- Records of Training
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC?
About Industrial Safety Trainers
We at Industrial Safety Trainers believe that we can make a difference. We provide training and consulting services that will change the way workers look at safety in the workplace. We offer a very unique way of training; a discussion based method of learning. Our training team is a highly skilled group of certified professionals with a wealth of industry experience and work related background but most importantly, they are passionate about safety training. Our support staff strives to understand our client realities and through collaboration and purposeful listening ensures facilitation of each specific training or consulting request. Each team member works tirelessly to make the registration process for training courses easy and enjoyable.
We operate offices out of Barrie and Ottawa. Industrial Safety Trainers is becoming one of the largest training providers in Canada. Training can take place at a variety of different training venues such as our state of the art mobile training center called the Safety Bus, our conference centers located at either our head office in Barrie or our new training centre in Ottawa, along with other locations that we feel are appropriate for training courses to be delivered.
“We believe the goal of making a workplace safe should not be a burden to the employer, it should be easy and affordable. We strive to ensure that our clients are educated about the applicable provincial and federal safety laws and how they should be applied.”