All Health & Safety Representatives and supervisors are required to be trained in Ontario. For those companies that are required to have a H&S Rep, but not large enough to need a JHSC are now required to provide Health & Safety Representatives with training that will allow them to perform their tasks as a safety representative. Click here to see the standards of training set out by the MLTSD.
Participants will receive training in the following elements:
- Understanding the Occupational Health & Safety Act and why Health & Safety is so important
- Duties and responsibilities of employers, supervisors, workers and those of a H&S Representative
- What is the role of a H&S Rep/Supervisor and how they play an important function in keeping the workplace safe.
- How to Recognize a hazards
- How to conduct a hazard risk assessment and use the RACE method of controlling identified hazards
- How to conduct an effective Workplace Inspection
- Accident / Incident Investigation Essentials
- How to make a safety recommendation to the employer.
- What will be your next steps