- Language: English
- Duration: 50 minutes
* Available in French
The Canadian Standards Association (CSA) established a standard in 2008 providing guidance on safety management systems, safe work procedures and the selection of personal protective equipment for any person exposed to hazards associated with energized electrical equipment. This course also specifically addresses issues related to arc blasts including boundaries and conducting an arc flash hazard analysis.
NOTE: It is also highly recommended that anyone taking this course first complete Link2eLearning’s Electrical Safety online course as a prerequisite.
Upon completing this online course, participants will understand:
- The background to the development of the CSA Z462-12 standard
- Who is impacted by the CSA Z462-12 Standard
- Key safety requirements for people who are exposed to the hazards of working with energized electrical equipment
- Key elements of the CSA Z462-12 Standard
- Arc flash and other electrical safety requirements arising from CSA Electrical Safety Standard Z462-12.