- Languages: English & French
- Duration: 40 minutes
In 2015, the Government of Canada amended the Hazardous Products Act and created the Hazardous Products Regulations to modify WHMIS in order to incorporate the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (or the GHS). The modified WHMIS is known as WHMIS 2015.
This course provides participants with a review of WHMIS legislation and the various roles and responsibilities of the Employer, Supplier and Worker. In addition, participants will review:
- Hazardous product classifications and symbols
- How hazardous substances can enter the body
- The distinction between supplier and workplace labels
- The various sections on a Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
- Control measures including “at the source,” “along the path,” and “at the worker.”
- Note: WHMIS (GHS)– An Introduction is also available for workers who have not completed any WHMIS training.