- Language: English
- Duration: 115 minutes
*Available in French
Each and every day, dangerous goods are transported through our communities and across the country. This course will teach participants – whether they are drivers, packers or shippers – how to:
- Understand how the government enforces Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Recognize the different classification of hazardous products and substances
- Learn to create shipping documents that comply with TDG regulations
- Select correct means of containment for goods being shipped
- Understand how to properly label goods being shipped
- Understand procedures to follow in the event of an emergency.
NOTE: The certificate for the TDG for Ground Transport (Road) course prints with all of the “trained in” check boxes marked complete except for the following:
- Safe Handling and Transportation Practices, and the Characteristics of dangerous goods
- The Proper Use of Equipment to Handle or Transport Dangerous Goods
- Emergency Measures to Reduce or Eliminate Danger to The Public.
These three boxes on the certificate are unchecked because these areas are specific to each individual organization’s policies and procedures regarding:
- How to transport dangerous goods and handle them internally
- What kinds of equipment are available to be used (e.g. fork trucks, transport trucks, airplanes, hand carts)
- What particular emergency measures are appropriate for the company (e.g. is there a plan that is specific to that location or business unit, or are contractors being used?)
- What specific reporting/regulatory agencies are associated with the organization in question (e.g. in emergency situations).
The unchecked boxes can be used as a guide to specific supplementary training from within individual companies as appropriate.