- Language: English
- Duration: 45 minutes
Bill 157 amends the Education Act with regards to behaviour, discipline and safety. It is part of an ongoing effort to make Ontario schools safer for students and staff. It affects how all school board employees handle incidents at school, with a focus on prevention and early intervention.
Upon completing this course, participants will:
- Be familiar with the components of Bill 157
- Be aware of regulations and policies relating to Bill 157
- Understand the issues with reporting incidents under Bill 157 and how they pertain to workplace violence legislation
- Know implementation strategies for reporting, responding and delegating authority
- Be aware of school climate as a tool for monitoring and reviewing the implementation of Bill 157.