Legal Requirements as Required By the OHSA and Regulations
Section 25(2)(a),(d) and (h) and Regulation 851 of the Occupational Health and Safety Act include the requirements for training and certification of powered lift truck operators.
Training must meet the CSA Standard B335-15
Employers are required to ensure that workers have received instruction, training and testing in the operation of powered lift trucks. Workers must be familiar with the operating procedures of the truck that they will be operating and able to demonstrate competency in accordance with the Ministry of Labour’s “Guideline for the Safe Operation and Maintenance of Powered Lift Trucks“.
This training will provide you with information on:
- The legal requirements as defined in the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- How to inspect your Pallet Walkie
- Hazards: people, equipment, environment, materials
- Workplace policies and procedures: material handling and personal protective equipment
- Battery care and maintenance
- Course includes a documented Driving Evaluation of the operators driving skill
This program consists of 2 hours of theory based training. At the end of the theory based training each participant will be required to take part in an Operator Driving Evaluation. This evaluation consists of having the operators use the equipment they would be authorized to operate in the environment that they will be working in.