- Language: English
- Duration: 40 minutes
This Health & Safety Awareness for Workers (National) course provides a solid overview of health and safety in the workplace and the legal obligations that accompany each respective area. This course is designed to provide workers with a general introduction to workplace health and safety in all Canadian jurisdictions.
Health & Safety Awareness for Workers course will inform workers of their role within the internal responsibility system, with a focus on worker rights and responsibilities. This course will also move beyond legislative requirements and speak to the importance of healthy and safe work habits.
This course will enable participants to:
- Be familiar with occupational health and safety legislation in Canada
- Know the responsibilities of workers
- Be familiar with the responsibilities of Employers and Supervisors and how these responsibilities support workers
- Understand the role of the worker within the Internal Responsibility System
- Be knowledgeable regarding the three rights of workers and how they are implemented in the workplace
- Be aware of the worker’s role in hazard recognition and reporting
- Understand the value of workplace policies and procedures, training, posters and other preventative measures
- Be familiar with the various sources of health and safety information
- Understand the importance of healthy and safe work habits.