This role is a great fit if, you are excellent with accounting, numeracy and are flexible, adaptable, and think quickly on your feet. You work hard, are self-motivated and you are energized by a variety of tasks and assignments. You enjoy the challenge of delivering value and building trust with individuals and teams. If you are driven to achieve excellence with a solution based focus then we think you should consider this opportunity!
What you’ll be doing:
- Everything related to Accounts Receivable; preparing invoices, recording payments, reconcile Point of Sale payment statements and associated reporting functions
- Assisting; our Controller requires some assistance with accounting functions as assigned like bank deposits, data entry, inventory management and the like
- Communicating; you’ll be responding to and facilitating phone and web inquiries relating to safety supplies and equipment sales, including prepping and shipping goods
- Printing; you will be wrangling all aspects of printing and assembling of training manuals and related course materials
- Maintaining; you will be controlling our inventory of training resources and materials
- Updating; information is everywhere – we have spreadsheets, databases, and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information
- Cross training; we are a team environment and support our colleagues as required
What we want:
- A Bookkeeper extraordinaire; this means a mandatory minimum of 3-5 years bookkeeping experience using Quick Books
- A client centric focus; this means a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an internal sales or customer service environment
- Superior analytical skills; AKA a person who can sniff out and detect inconsistencies
- Business Acumen; you have an innate ability to make decisions that support our company’s goals and objectives. AKA as I understand how a company makes money
- Prioritized Focus; you know how to apply goal oriented actions and focus on qualitative actions in areas where you can make a difference on impact based objectives. You are self-motivated and enjoy being proactive rather than reactive. You are pleasantly persistent.
- Problem Resolution Wizard; put simply you are clever, determined and inventive. You can easily synthesize information and knowledge to achieve a solution despite obstacles.
- A guru of Microsoft Office applications
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean abstract
We can offer:
- Camaraderie; we know it’s our staff that drives our successes. Our dynamic workplace is based on respect, where everyone has a voice and participates. Working for IST means you are part of one big family.
- Monday to Friday day shift; who doesn’t love a day job with no overtime?
- Benefit Package; prescription drugs and a healthcare spending account
- Business casual dress every day of the week
- An active social committee; BBQ’s, Celebrations & Team Building events across the year
- Mandatory company shutdown between Christmas and New Year’s
- A consistent pay cheque
- Professional development & continuous education opportunities
Interested candidates can send resume to: Email: [email protected] / Fax: 705-792-6619 or fill out the form below.
Industrial Safety Trainers Inc. thanks all candidates in advance, only those being considered for the opportunity will be contacted.